Friday 27 January 2017

Ringing in the New Year...


I know, I know, this isn't exactly the very start of 2017, but the Chinese New Year is about to happen and my birthday was recently, so it's the start of a new year for me, so it's all the same if you ask me. I'm also not exactly excited about 2017 starting, but it might turn out to be a good year – the worst may not be over, but global acts of unity and sustainability, and the continued quest for equality and justice fill me hope in dark days. 

I’m not one for New Year’s resolutions. I don’t keep them, unless they’re little things like “read at least four (non-children’s) books”, and even then what passes for a book? Does it have to be at least 200 pages with minimal illustrations?  Did “Jane, the Fox, &Me” really qualify?

My hopes for this year are continued good health for me and my family, continued learning and personal growth, to live a little more sustainably every day, make more time to connect with family and friends, make more time to write, and finish the things I start. I’d also like to think that I’ll read one book a month, but we’ll see how that goes. 

What are your hopes for 2017? Here are some things I've found interesting, and related to New Year's and new beginnings, over the last few weeks:

Some really good New Year's resolutions

Screw mastery?

A time management system

Trusting your future self

7 work goals

5 things your children will remember

A little something to help manage anxiety/stress/anger/frustration/what life throws your way...

(Trusting your future self and 7 work goals are via the Tradlands blog; calendar is by Finnish artist Anne Vasko and was a gift from our lovely friend Kara)

No comments:

Post a Comment