Monday 29 December 2014

52/52

"a portrait of my son, once a week, every week in 2014"

Jimmy: Let's go!

Christmas day, afternoon run-a-round with a new jumper (thanks Aunty L!) and my lovely, little sister, aka Aunty Asha, who was still slightly jetlagged after arriving on Tuesday. Coming from the Australian summer, Asha was feeling the cold* a bit more than we were but I did go back home for a light coat when I realised that it was windy. Jimmy was very comfortable in his new jumper. Michael was wearing his great coat and thongs/flipflops, in addition to what he'd worn during lunch, but you can't see him, because he's behind the camera, as he took this photo - he's taken so many great photos that have made their way here.

Can you believe that this is the last in this series for 2014? I know I didn't start at 1/52, and I know I thought I might go through photos and do them throughout the year, but I didn't. Looking back at the folder full of this series it's so amazing how much Jimmy has changed over the year. There's an equally amazing folder of photos that didn't make the cut**, but came oh-so-close, and another one with 3 photos that go towards the first 8 weeks of the year. As a Solstice/Christmas/New Years treat, here is the first one, taken at Story Bridge Adventure Climb, while Michael was taking a climb, way back in January.


Gone are the baby rolls, gummy smiles, and lots of naps, replaced by hair, teeth (he's just cutting his molars - it's so exciting!), and running. It's all kinds of crazy and completely normal, as Jimmy is doing exactly what a healthy baby, now toddler, should do - getting bigger and growing up.

I hope you enjoyed this series as much as I have. Here's to the 52 Project in 2015 and the growth it captures.




*Christmas day had a maximum of 13 C, here in Manhattan, KS, which was positively balmy, but not compared to Brisbane's 30 C
**I might share some of these before New Years Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment