Monday 18 August 2014

33/52

"a portrait of my son, once a week, every week in 2014"

Jimmy: No longer sick, but still a snotty, drool monster with plenty of kisses for Mum.

Kisses! All of the kisses! All of the snotty, drooly kisses have been coming my way this week, because Jimmy and I have been under the weather, Jimmy more so than me. His runny nose has kept us away from playgroup and seen us walk to uni a fair few times, just for some sun and something to do. We've also read all of the books at least 3 times everyday, listened to the Wiggles so often that I know most of the words to most of the songs. We've also eaten a lot of chicken (asparagus, corn, noodle) soup and garlic. Two bulbs of garlic... Yep, I'm sure people could smell it coming from our pores. The funny thing is, that despite being sick, despite only having Jimmy for company during the day (unless we went out and found Michael, who had a bit of a virus too), I've had a lovely week. It's been slow, but it's been full of rest, lots of cuddles, lots of laughs (mostly when I went to wipe the snot from Jimmy's face and tried to get him to blow his nose), lots of learning (Jimmy is getting pretty good at this walking business), and lots of kisses! P.S. we're all well again.

Oh and I've been knuckling down and working out the return leg of our upcoming road trip to Canada. We're going with my parents who will be here in a week, then we'll go visit my Mum's brother and his family. I'm excited but I'm also a little nervous about so much car travel with Jimmy, who has a love-hate relationship with car travel.

I need to thank Michael for taking this lovely photo, and framing it so that the snotted on part of my top was out of the photo. And as Michael pointed out, the last lot of photos went up without any descriptions. That is now fixed. Michael does take lovely photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment