Thursday 30 April 2015

"Mum cut hair."

Jimmy caught me trimming my fringe this morning.

"Mum cut hair."

The drawer with the nail scissors was open and Jimmy wanted use the them - not happening.

"Cut hair. Mum, cut hair."

So I picked up my little boy, stood him on the countertop, twisted the curl behind his right ear, told him to stand still, and cut his hair.

And then I did the same to the curl behind his left ear.

I had cut Jimmy's hair. No fuss, no fight, no problems - easy.

In a bewildered state, I returned Jimmy to the floor and secured the two curls with some sticky tape.

Both curls, one from behind each ear, bound together and stored safely in a little box.

Michael has wanted to cut the curls for a while now.

The curls that have been growing since before Jimmy was born.

The curls that have been protected by Jimmy's ears and not worn down.

Gone, because a little boy wanted to be like his mum.

"Cut hair."

First haircut done. And by my hand.

"Mum, cut hair."

No comments:

Post a Comment