Tuesday 17 March 2015

I'm a mum and that means...

That I'll answer the door in my PJs if you come around before 11 am, because chances are I haven't been out of bed for more than 3 hours, Jimmy is probably still in his PJs, most likely we have no plans to leave the house before lunch, and it never occurs to me "make myself presentable" while hanging around my own home.

Even as a non-mum, the idea of wearing makeup around the house, just so that I looked "presentable" if someone came to the door, seemed silly. Combined with hardly ever wearing makeup and rarely putting my hair up in anything but a bun, it really shouldn't surprise anyone that I usually don't manage to get out of my PJs or yoga pants until after Jimmy has gone down for his nap.

At least, that's how it's been all winter. My routine is overdue for a shake up, and we need to get back into the habit of going to playgroup, but for those mornings when we'll be home until Jimmy brings me shoes and says "go outside", I'll answer the door in my PJs, even at 11 am. No apologies. Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment